Blog Archive

Monday, December 17, 2012

Growth


Sometimes I wake up feeling so tired, like my eyes are holding the weight of a world that I don't want to face. I sit here everyday on my laptop in my living room doing homework, eating, watching YouTube, playing video games... And sometimes I think.."What is the point of all this?" Now, don't get me wrong, I don't wonder this in a morbid suicidal way, I just wonder what goals I have, and what I am truly capable of. But less do I wonder that, than about other people. Everyday I sit here, I get more and more wrapped up in my own life and the more self-involved I become. It worries me that I am losing touch with an outside world. It worries me that life still goes on. No matter what, it will ALWAYS go on. We can't be part of everything, but being part of nothing feels worse. Life is very overwhelming most of the time, but if it is threatened things suddenly seem so clear to us. I have never experienced that, and I suppose that is why I try to humble myself every now and again. We have to remind ourselves of all that we have. All we are consumed with is what we don't have and very precious moments slip by unnoticed. Those moments turn into hours, days, years, and even decades before we stop to even realize what has happened. If every person in the world woke up everyday and first thought to themselves... what is going to be my goal for today? There should be a set of goals for each day though like: Help someone who needs it, think kindly of another person, try to learn one new thing, or let someone know you were thinking about them. If we woke up each day with goals like those I feel like this world would be a different place. And to be honest those goals are so simple and attainable that it almost seems stupid to even consider. But why not? I know it seems naive, but honestly think. How does it make you feel to just imagine doing a nice thing for someone who may need it? It feels pretty satisfying just to think about. I don't know what the point to all of this is, and the more I wonder the more I realize maybe that IS the point, to wonder. Never stop wondering, never stop growing. We don't want to squander our opportunities, and we don't want to take things for granted. I wish there were a way to reach out to every person in the world and ask them to just try. Try to consider other people. We are slowly trashing our world and being oblivious isn't working anymore. Why is it that so many people survive on so little and so many others have way too much? Life doesn't seem fair and neither does the world, but why do we just accept that? It may be hard to get even one person to change, but it seems impossible to get 7 billion people to. If we all believed the same things life may be easier, but a hell of a lot more boring. That is the point of tolerance. We as humans have so little of it anymore, but tolerance is important because difference exists. We all view difference as a bad thing, but it is something that should be celebrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment